Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Official AlcO-bEAt Alco-hol for 8/9/05

Point Special Lager

I like Point a great deal but, I must admit, its probably mostly for sentimental reasons. Growing up and learning to drink in a town not half an hour away from Stevens Point, Point beer was always cheap, accessible and plentiful. The fact that it was the closest major(-ish) brewery in north-cenral Wisconsin stirs my nascent regional pride to a degree that is probably undeserved (and if I really cared about local brews I'd be downing whatever 60-year-old unopened bottles of Red Ribbon that are still out there). Drinking it today, I detect a very Pabst-y taste, always a good thing. I say check it out; you can get a six-pack of bottles at Star Liquor for $4.99.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com