Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mighty Inoue & Higo Hamaguchi vs Spike Huber & Rocky Brewer (7/25/80 IWE)

Boy, for a hate-filled blow-off match this sure was dull. The heels here bored me silly - their offense was dull, they weren't terribly evil and they barely even usd the 2x4 that Gypsy Joe went through the trouble to smuggle in. It was nice of them to run face-first into the cage like that, but I find myself much less impressed with 'em than the rest of you. Hamaguchi wasn't a whole lot better, only becoming interesting at the end when he could be a pissed-off old man; otherwise he was all bodyslams and leg-drops. Inoue was his usual fun self, but then again I'm a sucker for fat little guys who can come up with wild bursts of energy. The only other parts of the match that I really liked were 1) all the biting (Dunno what it is, but I really love how people used to bite each other on the forehead in old matches. I get why they don't do it anymore, but I wish they did; there's something really expressive about it, like you hate the other guy SO DARN MUCH that you'd do something that was not only probably quite painful but also very animalistic and weirdly intimate (its almost a KISS for gosh's sake!) as well as pretty gross.) and 2) the fact that all four guys bled. I know - cage match, what do you expect, right? But when we went for more than 10 minutes without even ONE guy bleeding (not to mention the generally calm and overly polite nature of the match as a whole up to that point), I started to worry. Crowd wasn't too into it either, but I may have been spoiled by the drum guy from the last match. Anyway.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com