Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Truth About Dogs

I suppose that, as the owner of two cats, I am not to be trusted on matters concerning dogs. But I don't think its feline chavanism that compells me to agree with David Aaronovich:

Fourth, what exactly is ludicrous about not liking dog shit on the pavements next to primary schools, and what about such dislike constitutes a "position"?

My walk to work (along East Mifflin St.) is littered with coiled-up dog feces; I may as well measure it by the number of turds as by feet, yards or miles. Madison has a considerable amount of dog owners, and a considerable amount of those appear to be irresponsible bozos who don't care to clean up after their animals. Nobody has hit our lawn yet; if that happens, I may have to resort to my co-worker Chuck's solution. In his yard, he's posted a sign that reads "WANT A DEAD DOG? LET HIM CRAP HERE!!"

So far, no takers.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com